It's been a while, hasn't it? With the semester over, I finally have the time to update this monster. Lately, I've been reviewing my past work and, as a consequence, I've started the process of re-writing most of them. Flight of Eagles, my very first novel-length work, is now entitled "A Dark Apotheosis." For those of you who don't know the word, Apotheosis is an ascention to god-hood. I thought this especially appropriate since the novel centers around one woman's stand against tyranny and how, during this process, she slowly begins being worshipped as a living god. No pressure, eh? For the most part, the re-write seems to be going without a hitch. I'm already 150 pages in and I'm not feeling at all tired or pressured.
On a non-book related subject, I'm losing weight! I've cut my portions in half, started drinking lots of water, and I'm starting my weight lifting regimine again. So far, I've lost ten pounds and my entire body feels like It's been beaten half to death. In other words - I'm sore as hell. All of this, I suppose, is in response to Amber's finally leaving for Texas. That's right, my life's love is gone and won't ever be coming back to West Virginia. Hopefully, after I graduate in about a year or so, I can go and join her. The way I figure it, we waited three years to be together and we can wait one more year to actually live together. Well, that's it for now. Hopefully it won't be so long before the next update.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment